Associations and organisations
- Australasian Science Education Research Association Ltd aims to promote science education and science education research in all contexts and at all levels of education
- Marine Teachers’ Association of Queensland networks its members to coordinate activities and lobby governments, industry and interested individuals to support marine education in Queensland
- Queensland Agriculture Teachers’ Association provides leadership in the promotion and development of agricultural education and facilitate communication between teachers of agricultural subjects
- Queensland Association of Mathematics Teachers supports teachers in enhancing the quality of mathematics in Queensland. It is part of the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers Inc
- Science Teachers' Association of Queensland is the professional association of teachers of science in Queensland. It is part of the Australian Science Teachers Association
- STELR (Science and Technology Education Leveraging Relevance) is a national initiative of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE) which promotes innovative science teaching. STELR is running in more than 400 schools from all Australian states and territories and in New Zealand with 35,000 students and over 1,000 teachers involved each year.