Engaging Queenslanders in science strategy
Engaging Queenslanders in Science is a strategy developed to build a shared understanding across the community of the importance of science, innovation and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education.
We want to achieve a vision of a Queensland population that engages in, and recognises, supports and advocates for science.
The strategy includes a range of engagement and communication programs including:
- the Partner Up Queensland series of workshops and networking events
- the Engaging Science Grants
- the Flying Scientists program
- support for the World Science Festival Brisbane
- our National Science Week events and activities.
This strategy was informed by research to understand Queenslanders’ perceptions and attitudes towards science.
If you’re involved in science activities and events, you can apply for funding of up to $10,000 to help increase the reach of and engagement in science across Queensland.
Science is amazing—Engaging Science Grants program
Science: it's amazing.
It holds the potential for shaping our future.
Science is all around us.
You can feel the excitement.
See the learning.
Smell the fun, and sometimes even taste it.
Queensland is a growing destination for science discovery and innovation.
That's why the Queensland Government is supporting scientists, researchers, teachers, and industry groups to delivers events, projects, and activities all over Queensland where people of all ages can have fun and learn about the world around us.
Under the Advance Queensland Engaging Science Grants program, scientists and the community are coming together to research, learn from each other, and celebrate science in Queensland.
Queenslanders are getting involved in all sorts of things.
Science fairs, farming workshops, and marine protection.
They're learning about the latest technologies in drones, virtual reality, robotics, and discovering all the possibilities of careers in science, technology, engineering, and maths.
With science, we have power. Power of understanding. Power for smarter business practices. Power to protect our environment.
Power for our lives to always be changing for the better.
It's science, and it's amazing.
For more information
- visit the Advance Queensland website for information on our Engaging Science Grants
- read the Engaging Queenslanders in Science strategy
- read our research into Queenslanders’ perceptions and attitudes towards science—full report
- read our research into Queenslanders’ perceptions and attitudes towards science—summary report.